Exit Emergency Lighting
KANDU Preventative Maintenance provide services through the Geelong and Melbourne regions for exit emergency lighting systems test and maintenance.
In accordance with Australian Standards 2293.2 emergency lighting systems are required to be certified every 6 months by conducting a 90 minute battery power down (discharge) test. This test certifies that all the exit & emergency light units are functional and batteries sustain their charge for 90 minutes during a power black out or building fire. We offer a full maintenance service where the exit and emergency units can be tested, maintained and repaired at your workplace.
KANDU Preventative Maintenance conduct a 6 & 12 monthly compliance inspection as required by Australian Standards 2293.2, by routinely having the Exit Emergency lighting on your premises inspected, tested and data managed by KANDU Preventative Maintenance your company will be fulfilling its obligations under legislative requirements.
Benefits of Exit Emergency Lighting System Testing
- Can effectively detect faults in workplace lighting
- Ensures compliance with Australian Industry Standards
- Offers employers peace of mind
- You are providing your employees a save work site which is a requirement under the OH&S laws.
- If you have a fire you will know that you lights have a been tested and are in working order.
- Many dangerous situations can be avoided by providing that “duty of care” by making sure all lights are maintained and functioning in accordance with the Australian standards AS/NZS 2293.2:1995.
Did you know this about Exit Emergency Lighting?
- It is a requirement in accordance with Australian Standards 2293.2 emergency lighting systems to have your exit emergency lights certified every 6 months by conducting a 90 minute battery power down (discharge) test.
- This test certifies that all the exit & emergency light units are functional and batteries sustain their charge for 90 minutes during a power black out or building fire.
When Kandu Services test your Exit and Emegency Lighting this is what we do.
- Ensure no interruption to the normal power supply has taken place for a period of at least 16 hrs prior to conducting a discharge test on your exit emergency lighting.
- Ensure the diffuser is not blocked or obstructed by anything or broken, faded or un recognisable.
- Inspect lights with fluorescent lamps, for excessive end blackening, even if the lamps still operational these must be replaced.
- Clean all light emitting and reflecting surfaces (12 monthly only)
- Simulate a power failure by testing the light on battery power for the required 90 Minute test.
- Perform Manual discharge to simulate power failure and ensure battery charger operation light is working correctly.
- Record any defects (please click on the button on the top right hand side to see a report sample)
- Repair or replace any lights within the required 30 day period.
- Record all test results for 6 monthly and 12 monthly testing informing the staff or owner and place log book back in a safe area (switch board recommended)
Areas we Service
At KANDU, we know that safety is no accident, nor is trusted service and we continually review, refine and improve our services and delivery to make sure our clients enjoy the peace of mind they deserve.
Why not call KANDU today on 1300 79 11 74, or email email@example.com you’ll discover how easy and affordable it is to have real peace of mind when you deal with a trusted electrical testing specialist.